Welcome to the Workplace Equity Information Management System (WEIMS) online employer interface. WEIMS is an application intended for use by employers under the Legislated Employment Equity Program (LEEP) and federal contractors under the Federal Contractors Program (FCP). This application supports employers in discharging their statutory obligations under the Employment Equity Act (EEA) and federal contractors under the FCP.
To change your password
Please take the following steps to change your password:
- Under the 'Login' section at the bottom of this webpage, select 'I have forgotten my password'.
- You will be directed to the 'Password Reminder' screen. Enter your email address and click the Submit button.
- You will receive an email from email@example.com with a link. Click on the link provided in the email, which will direct you to the 'Password Reset' screen.
- In the 'Password Reset' screen, add a new password. Please note that the new password must be a string of 8 to 20 characters with at least:
- one digit;
- one upper case letter;
- one lower case letter; and
- one of the following special symbols @#$%
- When you will submit this new password, you will then be brought to the Login page where you can now sign in with your new password.
If you experience difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and conditions of use of WEIMS
Please read the following:
- If there is anything you do not understand relating to employment equity or if you have any WEIMS technical issues, please contact the Employment Equity general delivery email account at email@example.com.
- The use of WEIMS is strongly recommended. Under subsection 18(10) of the EEA, the information contained in Forms 1 to 6 of the LEEP employers’ annual employment equity reports will be shared with the Canadian Human Rights Commission for the purpose of its authority under Part II of the EEA. In addition, under subsection 19(1) of the EEA, these forms will be made available to the general public upon request.
- Under section 17 of the EEA and subsection 12(3) of the Employment Equity Regulations, employers are required to establish and maintain employment equity records for four years. It is the employer's responsibility to ensure that its employment equity records are backed-up and maintained in its organization. To assist in this process, WEIMS is built to maintain these records for a four-year period.
- The consolidated information you provide through WEIMS will be used for the preparation of the EEA Annual Report to Parliament. The consolidated information will also be used for policy analysis, research and/or evaluation purposes. Your workforce information is administered in accordance with the EEA and the Privacy Act.
Acceptance of these terms and conditions of use
- Your access and use of WEIMS, including any and all content, information and materials provided within it, is subject to your acceptance of, and compliance with, the provisions of these terms and conditions of use, which incorporate privacy and security notices, and any other legal notices and/or instructions which may appear on WEIMS and/or within any content therein from time to time (together these form the Terms and Conditions of Use).
- IMPORTANT: If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions of use, please cease to access WEIMS and any of the content found within it (including any content you may have copied or downloaded). If there is anything you do not understand, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Modifications to this user notice
- These terms and conditions of use (including the privacy and security notices) may be amended from time to time, and we therefore suggest that you review them periodically.
IMPORTANT: You may only use WEIMS for the purpose of your obligations under the EEA and its Regulations.
- to the collection of information requested by us to register you to WEIMS. You also certify that any information uploaded into WEIMS is true, accurate and complete;
- not to use WEIMS (including any content) for your personal commercial gain; and
- not to inappropriately change any of the text or images contained in WEIMS or merge it with any other text or images, or forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any of the content.
In addition you agree NOT to
- gain access to information you do not own or have not entered;
- affect the service levels of this system;
- share log on credentials, or give them to anyone under any circumstances;
- upload, post, email or otherwise send any content that:
- is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent, offensive, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, indecent, obscene, defamatory, invasive of another's privacy, or discriminatory whether racially, ethnically, sexually, religiously or otherwise, or which may incite or instruct any person or organization to undertake such activities;
- contains any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs or any similar "malware" likely to cause harm;
- constitutes an advertisement, encouragement, or specific recommendation to trade in any specific product, share or security;
- contains forged headers or manipulated identifiers in order to disguise the origins of any content; and
- infringes our legal rights or that of any other person or organization.
Login and use of your data
- When you login as a user, you agree to provide accurate information on behalf of your organization.
- In return, we agree to use your information only for the purpose stated under the EEA.
IMPORTANT: You are responsible for keeping your password confidential and shall take all necessary measures to ensure that it is kept secure and not disclosed to any other person.
- Your contact information, including your registration details and password, will only be used for your reporting obligations or for receiving information from the Labour Program of Employment and Social Development Canada (including new temporary passwords should you forget your current one).
IMPORTANT: If you know or suspect that your password has been disclosed to any other person, you must change your password immediately. Please note that you are responsible for all activities that occur under your account (username and password).
The employer information you provide is collected under the authority of sections 18 and 42 of the EEA to administer the employment equity programs under this Act.
Participation in the use of WEIMS is voluntary. Refusal to provide your personal information will result in you not being able to create your organization’s account in WEIMS. In addition, refusal to provide personal information on your organization’s employees will result in the incomplete capture and processing of your organization’s data in WEIMS.
Subject to the EEA, personal information collected in the LEEP employers’ annual employment equity reports may be shared with the Canadian Human Rights Commission and may be made publically available.
The personal information you provide may be used and/or disclosed for policy analysis, research and/or evaluation purposes. However, these additional uses and/or disclosures of the personal information will never result in an administrative decision being made about you or those employed in your organization.
Secure online transactions
WEIMS uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), an industry standard, for sending wire- or socket-level encrypted data over client-to-server and server-to-server connections. SSL technology protects a website and creates trust between the client and the business.
WEIMS is password protected which means that users can only gain access to the system with a valid employer number, user name and password. On this login page, users are required to “authenticate” themselves by providing a valid employer number/user name/password combination in order to login to the WEIMS application. User accounts are managed by system administrators.
Unauthorized use of WEIMS
Software programs constantly monitor network traffic on WEIMS websites to identify unauthorized attempts to access WEIMS such as when login was attempted and userid used. This software receives and records the Internet Protocol (IP) address of any computer that contacts our sites, as well as the date and time of the visit.
Employment and Social Development Canada
Access to Information and Privacy Directorate
140 Promenade du portage
Phase IV, Level 1
Gatineau (QC), K1A 0J9
You can also contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada by Internet or by calling 1-800-282-1376.
ANY USE OF WEIMS SHALL CONSTITUTE YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you are a new user, please complete the Authorization Form to access the Workplace Equity Information Management System (WEIMS).
Any fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required fields.
If you experience difficulties working with WEIMS, please send an email to email@example.com.